"Joe" Wins Best VFX at Onyko Festival
|"Joe" wins Best VFX at Onyko Film Awards|
"Joe" is a short film directed by Callum Reeve and produced by Aidan Lonergan, completed as part of animation Module PR6001, a Studio Project worth 60 Credits.
Joe is a story about a cleanup robot that goes wrong. It was directed by Callum Reeve and Produced by Aidan Lonergan.
It was completed as part of animation Module PR6001, a Studio Project worth 60 Credits.
Working with a team of ten students from both the VFX and animation departments, this collaborative short was filmed on location in London, with animation and VFX all completed at Escape Studios over three months.
Live action and animation
The live action plates were scanned and tracked, and were completed with digital animation in Maya, composited and rendered in Arnold.
The lead animator was Jack Thompson, and cinematography was by Clement Gharini. The 3D VFX Lead was Alfie Mitchell, and the Compositing Lead was George Randall.
Joe is a short film about a clean-up robot that goes wrong.
- Director - Callum Reeve
- Producer & Editor - Aidan Lonergan
- Editor - George Randall
- Sound Design - Robert Bibb
- Lead Animator - Jack Thompson
- Director of Photography - Clement Gharini
- 3D VFX Lead - Alfie Mitchell
- 2D VFX Lead - George Randall
- FX Lead - Benjamin Fowler
- FX artist - Alex Angert
- Rigging - Jack Thompson
- Scripting - Aidan Lonergan
- Animators - Aidan Lonergan, Ravi Limbu
- 3D Artist - Adam Phillips
- 2D Compositing - Callum Reeve, Charlotte Derry, Vincenzo Meola, Aidan Lonergan
Joe has won many festival awards:
- Best VFX at the Onyko Festival.
- Best VFX at the Argenteuil Film Festival
- Best VFX at the Cinematic European Film Festival
- "Best Genre Short Film" Award at the Heroes International Film Festival.
- "Director's Choice" award at the Sci-On film festival
- "Four Stars Award" at the British International Amateur Film Festival.
Draw at IMDB
The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To apply for our BA/MArt in 3D Animation, follow this link. To apply for our storyboarding evening class, visit this page here. For the next 12 week animation course, click here.