Layers Of Romantic Mixed Media Pastels + Sweet Valentine’s Chickadee
Today, I want to share my newfound love of mixed media layers with you. This soft whites and pastels palette makes for an excellent backdrop for this sweet Layered Chickadee. This card would make a great Valentine’s, but equally is generic enough to be sent any time of year.
I’ve linked all supplies with compensated affiliate links used where possible at not cost to you.
layers of romantic mixed media
step by step how to
- Cut a few pieces of Fabriano Artistico Cold-Pressed watercolour card and, using the dip and dry method, colour the pieces with Antique Linen + Tattered Rose for the body of the Layered Chickadee, Pumice Stone and Frayed Burlap for the wing, Black Soot for the head and neck and finally Abandoned Coral for the Dotted Heart die.
- Run the dies through with the various coloured card using Painter’s Tape to keep the dies in place. Also, die-cut a Privet Branch die from Ivory card.
- Use the cream/white die-cut for the Chickadee body, attach the grey/brown wing to the bird with foam tape.
- Glue the black head and neck pieces in place with a grey/brown beak.
- Attach foam adhesive to the back of the Chickadee and use the sticky surface to attach a black eye die cut.
- Stamp the large script ‘Love’ greeting from the So Much Love set on Ivory card with Versamark ink and heat emboss with Antique Gold embossing powder.
sweet Valentine’s Chickadee
- Using a piece of the watercolour card and the dip and dry method, create another card using Tattered Rose Distress Ink and run through with the Dotted Heart die to create a heart that tones better with the colour palette.
- Take a watercolour card and adhere a torn piece of book paper.
- Apply gesso over the paper with an old paintbrush or spatula.
- Splatter again with Tattered Rose.
- Add foam adhesive to the back of all of the elements. Add the panel to a card base cut and scored from Fog card.
- Add the Privet Branch die and then the two elements of the greeting. Next, tuck the Dotted Heart die in behind the script greeting. Finish up by adding the Layered Chickadee die cut.
- Finally, add sequins and pearls held in place with Gina K Connect Glue.
Well, that’s me for today. I’ll be back tomorrow to with a new Simon Says Stamp release. I hope you’ll call by and see what I have to share.
You can find links to the supplies I’ve used below; click on the picture or shop icon to get taken directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! Items marked with an asterisk (*) provided by a store or the manufacturer. You can read my affiliate and product disclosure here. I genuinely appreciate your support.