New Titles in Science Studies
We look forward to celebrating new books and journal issues in science and technology studies at the virtual Society for Social Studies of Science conference! During our fall sale, save 50% on all books and special issues when you use coupon code FALL21 at checkout. Customers in the UK and Europe can order books with this code from our UK partner, Combined Academic Publishers.
Registered attendees can find us in the official virtual exhibit hall. For highlights of our newest titles in science studies, check out our conference landing page. And browse all books and journals in science and technology studies here.
And later that afternoon, at 5:00pm EST, join Katherine McKittrick and others for a panel on “Thinking with Katherine McKittrick’s Dear Science and Other Stories.”
Other DUP authors and editors have panels throughout the weekend!:
- Max Liboiron, “Being a Lab, Studying a Lab: Practicing Good Relations in Building Qualitative Research Infrastructures – I,” Wed, October 6, 9:40am; “STS Labs Otherwise,” Wed, October 6, 1:20pm
- Noah Tamarkin, “Forensic Devices: How They Mediate, How They Are Discussed, How They Mitigate Interprofessional Conflicts – II,” Wed, October 6, 1:20pm
- Banu Subramaniam, “Seeds for a Planthroposcene: Growing Good Relations among Plants and People I,” Wed, October 6, 11:30am; “Publishing Interdisciplinarity: Emergent Questions from a Collaborative Experiment,” Sat, October 9, 3:00
- Andrea Ballestero, “What we talk about when we talk about depth – I,” Fri, October 8, 8:00
- Nicole Charles, “Plenary – Unsettling Science II,” Sat, October 9, 1:20pm
- Bharat Jayram Venkat, “Ecologies of Empire II,” Sat, October 9, 6:40pm
Courtney Berger will be attending the Society for Social Studies of Science conference virtually, and would be happy to hear from potential authors and receive book proposals. Watch Courtney’s twitter for any additional announcements.
If you were hoping to connect with one of our other editors about your book project at 4S, please reach out to them by email. See our editors’ specialties and contact information here and our online submissions guidelines and submission portal here.