Sunday Sketches SS021 - Happy Birthday Card
Each Sunday I create a card using one of my card sketches.
This week's sketch is number SS021. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
Today's card was created using the Amazing Life (from the Occasions catalog) and Balloon Celebration (from the annual catalog) Stamp Sets. The balloon from the Balloon Celebration stamp set is one of my all time favorites. It doesn't look so cool in black and white but take a look at the fun balloons.
Simple Stamping Steps
- Fold a piece of Coastal Cabana (4 1/4" x 11") in half to create card base.
- Glue a piece of Gingham Gala Designer Paper (1 1/2" x 5 1/2") to the card front about 1/4" from the left edge.
- Tie a piece of the Coastal Cabana/ Granny Apple Green ribbon around the card front in the center and tie a knot to the lefthand side.
- Cut out the square using the 2 5/8" square die from the Stitched Shapes Dies using the Big Shot.
- Stamp the cake on the lefthand side in Tuxedo Black ink.
- Stamp Happy Birthday in Tuxedo Black center bottom of the Whisper White.
- Color the cake with the Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends.
- Stamp the small dotted balloon in Coastal Cabana Ink on Coastal Cabana Cardstock and punch out with the small balloon from the Balloon Bouquet Punch.
- Stamp the larger dotted balloon in Granny Apple Green on Granny Apple Green cardstock and punch out the larger balloon.
- Adhere the Granny Apple Green balloon to the upper righthand corner of the Whisper White square with dimensionals and overhanging the corner.
- Adhere the Coastal Cabana Ballon with a dimensional overlapping the Granny Apple green.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Just click on any of the images below to start shopping.
- Sign up for my monthly E-Newsletter and receive a FREE tutorial with each one.
- Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with my Rewards ToDieFor.
- Have it all with the $99 Starter Kit check it out here.
- I love connecting with you! Click Here for questions or comments!
I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.