Books and Food
While there are quite a few things on my “to-do” list being accomplished, two other things that seem to be a focus while stuck at home are books and food – and I want to share what I’m enjoying in both areas. :)
Books and food bring a type of nourishment, don’t they? One for the soul, and one that seems to go straight to areas I’d rather it didn’t.
My reading goals for the year are primarily focused on books that relate to parenting, spiritual growth, and education, but lately not all of my reading has been in those areas. Want a peek at what I’ve been reading the last few months?
** Also – enter to win a copy of Made to Move Mountains HERE (until 4/21/20)
Books Recently Read
The Brave Learner by Julie Bogart
Made to Move Mountains by Kristen Welch
The Way I Heard It by Mike Rowe
When Less Becomes More by Emily Ley
The Sun Sister by Lucinda Riley
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
I Was Anastasia by Ariel Lawhon
Emily, Gone by Bette Lee Crosby
The War Trilogy by Diane Moody
Current Book Pile
Love That Lasts by Jefferson & Alyssa Bethke
The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
The Persian Gamble by Joel C. Rosenberg
We’re having fun trying some new (to us) things at home – making sushi, new homemade granola, but keeping a few of our favorite “tried and true” recipes as well. Here are a few you will love.
Sticky Honey Chicken and Coconut Rice (YUMMMMM!!)
Carrot Cake (for Laurianna’s birthday – even though she isn’t here!)
I’m trying to get back into the swing of bi-weekly meal planning, especially so we don’t have to make as many trips to the store right now. We also aren’t typically a family that eats out very much, but each week we are picking one local restaurant to order out.
This post may contain affiliate or advertiser links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
- Teaching Textbooks - homeschool math that makes life EASY for mom and child
- Student Planner - daily, weekly, and monthly planning pages to get your student on track!
- EEME - teach kids electronics one project at a time.
- Weekly Homeschool Planner - printable planner for mom to use year after year
- All About Reading - a fully engaging reading curriculum for preschool age and up
- Ivy Kids - literature units for children - delivered right to your door!
- North Star Geography - fun and simple to teach geography program for high school
- All About Spelling - hands down our FAVORITE spelling curriculum
- Yearly Home Planner - organize your day-to-day appointments
- WriteShop - writing curriculum for K through high school
Access the subscriber only page at any time HERE. Password to open the page is freecards.