PP# 163: Stress: An Invitation to Level Up Your Hormones and Fertility with Ali Shapiro
Ali Shapiro is the creator of Truce with Food, host of the top-ranked podcast Insatiable, a holistic nutritionist, integrated health expert, and rebel with a serious cause. She created her Truce with Food method while in graduate school where she drew from her decade-plus of working with real-life clients and her healing journey from having cancer as a teenager.
In this episode, we talk about Ali’s unusual journey to getting pregnant at 40, the surprising IVF statistic when you’re in your 40s, the role naturopathy played in improving Ali’s fertility, the three stress patterns that may be impacting your period and fertility, and so much more!
Subscribe to the podcast: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Android | Spotify | RSS
Here are the highlights of what we cover during this episode:
- How having cancer as a teenager affected Ali’s fertility
- The early menopause symptoms Ali experienced in her late 30s
- The devastating results of Ali’s fertility testing at 39
- Why you have a better chance of getting pregnant naturally than with IVF at a certain age
- How surviving cancer informed Ali’s perspective on getting pregnant
- How seeing an acupuncturist and a naturopath improved Ali’s thyroid function
- Why it’s helpful to remember that there’s not just one way to improve your health
- Looking at stress as a symptom, rather than an issue itself
- How the avoid, compete, and accommodator stress patterns can show up in your life
- Why these stress patterns often prevent us from achieving our goals
- How you can transform your stress patterns into Optimal Conflict
Resources & Recommendations:
- Ali Shapiro’s Website
- Ali Shapiro’s Podcast | Insatiable
- Ali Shapiro’s Comfort Eating Style Quiz
- Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
Want even more hormone and period lovin’ content?
- Take my quiz to find out what’s up with your period and hormones, and get my Fix Your Period Quickstart Kit 7-Day Course.
- Want to be the first to know when I release a new blog post? I go deeeeep in my blog posts – you won’t wanna miss them! Sign up here and you’ll be the coolest “periodista” on the block.
- Ready to become your own health advocate and massively uplevel your period game? I’ve got you covered in my Fix Your Period series of programs. You’ll find the right program for you here!
The post PP# 163: Stress: An Invitation to Level Up Your Hormones and Fertility with Ali Shapiro appeared first on Nicole Jardim.