PP# 166: Pros, Cons and Myths of Food Sensitivity Testing with Christa Biegler
Christa Biegler is an award-winning dietitian nutritionist, online educator, and host of The Less Stressed Life podcast. She specializes in gut health-related issues, such as IBS and IBD, eczema, fatigue and auto-immune conditions in private practice and she is the creator of The Less Stressed Approach to Eczema and Fast Track to Fabulous Food as Medicine programs.
In this episode, we talk about how to distinguish between food allergies and sensitivities, why it’s important to identify where food sensitivities originated, common symptoms of inflammation, what you should do before seeking sensitivity testing, the connection between food sensitivities and hormones, and so much more!
Subscribe to the podcast: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Android | Spotify | RSS
Here are the highlights of what we cover during this episode:
- How to distinguish between food allergies and sensitivities
- Surprisingly simple, common symptoms of food sensitivities
- How the timelines of potential symptoms differ
- Why headaches are particularly difficult to trace to a specific trigger
- The potentially negative impact of compounds in food that aren’t quantified on the label
- Why it’s important to identify where food sensitivities originated
- How gut permeability can trigger food intolerances
- What is inflammation?
- Common symptoms of inflammation
- Why you should use the Medical Symptoms Questionnaire (MSQ) as a starting point
- What you should do before seeking sensitivity testing
- Why food sensitivities are often treatable
- The role of environmental factors in food sensitivity
- The connection between food sensitivities and hormones
Resources & Recommendations:
- Christa Biegler’s Website
- Christa Biegler’s Podcast | The Less Stressed Life Podcast
- Medical Symptoms Questionnaire (MSQ)
Want even more hormone and period lovin’ content?
- Take my quiz to find out what’s up with your period and hormones, and get my Fix Your Period Quickstart Kit 7-Day Course.
- Want to be the first to know when I release a new blog post? I go deeeeep in my blog posts – you won’t wanna miss them! Sign up here and you’ll be the coolest “periodista” on the block.
- Ready to become your own health advocate and massively uplevel your period game? I’ve got you covered in my Fix Your Period series of programs. You’ll find the right program for you here!
The post PP# 166: Pros, Cons and Myths of Food Sensitivity Testing with Christa Biegler appeared first on Nicole Jardim.