PP# 182: Mind Blowing Facts about PCOS with Felice Gersh
Dr. Felice Gersh is a multi-award-winning physician with dual board certifications in OB-GYN and Integrative Medicine and the Founder and Director of the Integrative Medical Group of Irvine, a practice that provides comprehensive health care for women by combining the best evidence-based therapies from conventional, naturopathic, and holistic medicine. She’s also the best-selling author of PCOS SOS and The PCOS SOS Fertility Fast Track.
I’m so excited to talk with Felice today and tap into her wisdom on the subject of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), which has been around for at least 50,000 years. In this episode, we talk about how the modern world has impacted the presentation of PCOS, why it’s actually an endocrine disorder (not a disease), common symptoms associated with PCOS, how it’s misunderstood, the different types of PCOS, why birth control pills can be risky for women with PCOS, and so much more!
Subscribe to the podcast: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Android | Spotify | RSS
Here are the highlights of what we cover during this episode:
- Why PCOS is an endocrine disorder, not a disease
- The fascinating history of PCOS
- How the endocrine disruptors of the modern world have impacted PCOS
- Why there’s so much confusion around PCOS
- Common symptoms associated with PCOS
- How PCOS is diagnosed
- The roles of estrogen and estradiol in linking metabolic and reproductive functions
- Why hormonal birth control doesn’t address the underlying problem despite symptom reduction
- Misconceptions around PCOS and estrogen dominance
- Why estrogen is such an important hormone for both men and women of all ages
- Increased risks women with PCOS encounter when taking birth control pills
- The first steps you can take to feel better in your body and your life
- How the different types of PCOS present
- Why getting an accurate PCOS diagnosis is critical
Resources & Recommendations:
Want even more hormone and period lovin’ content?
- Nicole Jardim’s Book + Bonuses | Fix Your Period
- Bonuses include:
- Fix Your Period workbook to use alongside the actual book
- Period Toolkit that includes a series of ebooks on vaginal steaming, how to use CBD for your menstrual cycle problems, seed cycling, how to use castor oil packs to support your period and fertility, and how to live in harmony with your cycle
- Bonuses include:
- Take my quiz to find out what’s up with your period and hormones, and get my Fix Your Period Quickstart Kit 7-Day Course.
- Want to be the first to know when I release a new blog post? I go deeeeep in my blog posts – you won’t wanna miss them! Sign up here and you’ll be the coolest “periodista” on the block.
- Ready to become your own health advocate and massively uplevel your period game? I’ve got you covered in my Fix Your Period series of programs. You’ll find the right program for you here!
The post PP# 182: Mind Blowing Facts about PCOS with Felice Gersh appeared first on Nicole Jardim.