Rice Paper Dumplings Recipe
I’m going to show you how to make delicious gluten-free rice paper dumplings in under 20 minutes! Using 10 ingredients, this rice paper dumplings recipe is super easy and not labour intensive or complicated!
I’ve also included a recipe for dumpling dipping sauce!
Related Recipe: Rice Paper Bacon
Rice Paper Dumplings
These dumplings are perfect for a light meal or snack. Not only does rice paper make these simpler to make than homemade dumpling wrappers, it also makes this recipe gluten-free as long as you are using tamari in place of soy sauce.
All you need to do to make this recipe is cook your veggies and mix up the filling, then soak the rice paper, add filling on rice paper and roll, then cook as desired and dip in the sauce!
Related Post: Vegan Bento Boxes
INGREDIENTS FOR RICE PAPER DUMPLINGS (VEGAN):
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- Cremini Mushrooms
- Bok Choy
- Medium Tofu
- Soy Sauce or Tamari, if gluten-free
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Rice Paper Sheets
- Soy Sauce or Tamari
- Sesame Oil
- Rice Vinegar
- Chili Garlic Sauce
- Agave, Sugar, or Maple Syrup
- Sesame Seeds
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled & grated
- 1 cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- 2½ heads bok choy, chopped
- ⅓ carrot peeled & grated
- ¾ cup medium tofu, pressed & crumbled
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- rice paper sheets
- In a large pan, heat olive oil or avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy and carrots and cook until greens are wilted but stalks are crisp, and there is no liquid in the pan, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add crumbled tofu, soy sauce, and sesame oil and stir to combine. Set aside to cool to the touch.
- One at a time, soak rice paper in warm water until soft. Place onto a work surface and cut in half with a pizza cutter. Then place 1 heaping tbsp of filling in the middle of each rice paper half.
- Fold-down the first long (right) end over the top of the filling. Then fold the top and bottom sides inward. Now, roll the filling to the remaining end (left) to seal. Place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat.
- In batches, heat 1 to 2 tablespoons (it should coat the pan) of oil over medium-high heat. Add the dumplings and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the bottom is golden. Add a little bit of oil to the pan, and swirl, then flip the dumplings and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden. Repeat.
- Place a steamer in a large pot and add about 2 inches of water. Bring the water to a boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer. Place a piece of parchment on the steamer and place dumplings. add dumplings and steam, covered for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350F. In batches add dumplings and deep fry for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Recipes Using Rice Paper?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!