Samsung Galaxy F42 5G Specs, Price and Best Deals
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G is yet another capable mid-range smartphone from Samsung. It falls in place as a successor to the Galaxy F41 which was released last year. As a successor, it offers a more capable processor, a higher refresh rate, more RAM and more. Do well to read through this article to ascertain if it suites your needs.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy F42 5G
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.6 inches TFT Display, 1080 x 2408 Pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate (~400 PPI)
- Android 11, One UI Core 3.1
- MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm)
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 64MP + 5MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (side-mounted)
- 5G Network
- Fast Charging (25W Capacity)
- Non-Removable 5000 mAh Li-Ion Battery
Design and Display
Comparing the Samsung Galaxy F42 5G to the F41 shows Samsung did make efforts towards offering a different design. The front and the rear both feature distinguishable design cues.
On the rear, you will find out that Samsung went with a square camera modules having the cameras arranged in an horizontal / vertical hybrid, as opposed to just being vertical on the F41. Samsung did also do away with the rear mounted fingerprint sensor and opted for a site mounted one this year.
Still on the rear, you will also discover the absence of the gradient colour system and the presence of a micro-line pattern. However, the position and presence of the Samsung branding didn’t change, a provision that tells us its a Samsung smartphone.
Moving upfront, we discover that Samsung went with a drop notch this year as opposed to with a v-shaped notch this year. As opposed to the rounded edge notch on its predecessor.
As for the display itself, its a 6.6-inch display which happens to be bigger than the 6.4-inch display on the F41. However, the F41 display is based on an AMOLED panel, which happens to be richer than the TFT panel on the galaxy F42.
There is also happens to be a 90Hz refresh on the F42, in place of the 60Hz refresh rate on the F41. So in summary, we have a bigger higher refresh rate display in place of a richer AMOLED panel.
The colour options available here are a duo. Enthusiasts in the market for this device will be able to get it in Matte Aqua and Matte Black.
The cameras on the F42 5G are substantial, but there is no deny the fact that the F41 is better equipped. This fact holds for both the front and rear setup.
On the rear, we have a 64MP + 5MP + 2MP setup which reads primary, ultrawide and depth respectively as opposed to the 64MP + 8MP + 5MP setup on the f41 which also reads primary, ultrawide and depth respectively.
What’s more, the video recording on the rear of the F42 is capped at 1080p @ 30fps as opposed to 4k @ 30fps on the F41.
On the selfie side, we have an 8MP camera as opposed to the 32MP camera on the F42. Video record is also 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G takes a lead in the performance department, which is thanks to it’s more capable processor (The MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G), which is better performer when compared to the Exynos 9611 processor on the Galaxy F41.
What’s more we have 6GB / 8GB RAM options, as opposed to jus the 6GB RAM option available on its predecessor. However both smartphones have 128GB built-in storage.
Battery capacity drops a bit as we have a 5000mAh battery in lieu of the higher 7000mAh battery on the F41. Also note that both smartphones have the same 15W charging mechanism.
On the software side, we have the One UI core 3.1 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port with OTG support, low-energy Bluetooth 5.0.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts will be able to utilize 5G connectivity on this device.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G price starts at around $278, which translates to about 115,000 Naira in Nigeria, 1,682 GHC in Ghana and 30,789 KSH Kenya.
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G was announced on the 29th of September 2021 and is expected to be released later in October 2021.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy F42 5G:
- Platform: Android 11, One UI Core 3.1
- Processor: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm) (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB RAM
- Colours: Matte Aqua, Matte Black
- Dimension: 167.2 x 76.4 x 9 mm
- Weight: 203 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.6-inches TFT 1080 x 2408 Pixels, ~82.1% screen-to-body ratio, ~400 PPI, 90HZ Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary)f/1.8 + 5MP (Ultrawide) 115˚ + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, Panorama, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Dedicated Slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: SA/NSA/Sub6
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
- Video Player: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –
More on Samsung
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G
- Best 5G Phones
- Best Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Best 4G Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Samsung Galaxy A32
- Compare Prices of Mobile Phones
- Best Gaming Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- Cheap Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy A12
- Samsung Galaxy A02s