Step-by-Step Treat Holders for Your Loves
Whether you’re looking to make a set of Valentines for a classroom or to deliver a single, unique treat for a special occasion, these two darling paper projects are must-haves in your crafting repertoire!
We made the treat holders we are showing you today using our new Smitten paper collection, and we are simply head over heels for the results! This Valentine’s themed collection includes a gorgeous 12″ x 12″ patterned paper packet with double-sided designs, a coordinating 12″ x 12″ sticker sheet with captivating glossy UV-coated accents, and an incredibly cute stamp set with coordinating Thin Cuts full of sweet puns, all designed to brighten up anyone’s day.
Materials Needed (for one pocket):
6″ x 6″ patterned paper
1¾” x 1¾” or 2″ x 2″ White Daisy cardstock (based on the size of what you’re stamping)
Pencil and ruler
*These are the products we used to create our example but, the beauty behind these projects is that you can make them from whatever you have at home, too, and for any occasion!
Stamp sentiments/designs on the small White Daisy cardstock square and embellish as desired.
1. Fold the 6″ x 6″ patterned paper in half, diagonally.
2. Make a light pencil mark along one of the short edges of the triangle, at 2½” from the right angle, bring the opposite corner of the triangle up to that point, and fold. Do the same thing with the other side.
3. Open the two corner folds to return to the original triangle, then fold down the top layer of the remaining corner at the 2½” marks. Lift this fold back up and bring in the corners again.
4. Insert the top triangle fold into the space between the layers of the top corner fold, then gently use your finger to pop in and curve the bottom of the pocket.
5. Attach the prepared White Daisy cardstock square to the front of your pocket, with foam tape if you’d like some additional dimension, then fill the pocket with a note or a candy, or whatever treat you’re ready to deliver!
Materials Needed (for one box):
2⅞” x 6″ patterned paper (for mailbox “tunnel”)
4⅛” x 5⅝” Raspberry cardstock* (for inside drawer)
1½” x 2⅞” Raspberry cardstock* (for tunnel bottom inside)
1½” x 2⅞” Raspberry cardstock* (for tunnel bottom outside)
⅜” x 2½” Raspberry cardstock* (for flag pole/stick)
¾” x 4½” White Daisy cardstock (for flag)
Pencil and ruler
Fold the White Daisy cardstock in half and dovetail the open end. Stamp and embellish your newly created flag as desired. Then, attach the flag to the top of the ⅜” x 2½” cardstock.
1. Score the drawer piece horizontally, at 1⅜” and 2¾”. Then score this same piece vertically, at 1⅜” and 4¼”.
2. Cut along the 1⅜” vertical score lines, up to the first set of horizontal score lines, and then fold in along each score line.
3. Attach the 1⅜” corners to the inside of the long sides of the box, on both ends, to form a 1⅜” x 2⅞” x 1⅜” box.
4. Score and fold the tunnel patterned paper horizontally, ¾” from the top and bottom. Then, curve and attach the scored parts to one of the 1½” x 2⅞” cardstock pieces.
5. Attach the remaining 1½” x 2⅞” cardstock piece to the bottom of the newly created tunnel.
6. Insert the drawer and attach the prepared flag to the outside, and your mailbox is complete!
These fun treat holders are just two of the 16 projects in our Smitten workshop. On January 27, at 2:00 p.m. (MT) we will be creating the scrapbook pages and slimline cards of this workshop live on our Facebook page.
Join us to make these projects along with us, or simply to watch and then make the projects on your own at your own pace. Either way, we look forward to hosting you!