The Apache News Round-up: week ending 10 June 2022
We're wrapping up another great week with the following activities from the Apache community:
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Sponsorships available for ApacheCon Asia - 29-31 July (online) and ApacheCon North America - 3-6 October (New Orleans) https://www.apachecon.com/
- Travel Assistance available for ApacheCon North America. Application deadline 1 July https://apache.org/travel/
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 June 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.99%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 307 Apache Committers and 809 contributors changed 7,940,603 lines of code over 3,256 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Mark Thomas, Sebastian Rühl, and Claus Ibsen.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.Big Data --
- Apache Flink Kubernetes Operator 1.0.0 released
Build Management --
- Apache Maven Surefire 3.0.0-M7 released
- Apache UIMA uimaFIT v3.3.0 released
Cloud Computing --
- Apache CloudStack 220.127.116.11 released
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® AGE™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/nycu1
- Apache Impala 4.1.0 released
- Apache Qpid proton-dotnet 1.0.0-M1 released
- Apache OpenNLP 2.0.0 released
- Apache SkyWalking 9.1.0 and BanyanDB 0.1.0 released
- Apache Groovy 4.0.3 released
- Apache HTTP Server 2.4.54 released
-- CVE-2022-26377: mod_proxy_ajp: Possible request smuggling
-- CVE-2022-28330: read beyond bounds in mod_isapi
-- CVE-2022-28614: read beyond bounds via ap_rwrite()
-- CVE-2022-29404: Denial of service in mod_lua r:parsebody
-- CVE-2022-30522: mod_sed denial of service
-- CVE-2022-30556: Information Disclosure in mod_lua with websockets
-- CVE-2022-31813: mod_proxy X-Forwarded-For dropped by hop-by-hop mechanism
- Apache HttpComponents Client 5.2-beta1 released
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.64 and 10.1.0-M16 (beta) released
Web Frameworks --
- Apache MyFaces Core 2.3.10, 2.3-next-M7, 3.0.2 released
- Apache Struts 2 ver. 6.0.0 released
- Apache Airflow 2.3.2 released
Did You Know?
- Did you know that today is the last day you can apply for ASF Security team's paid Security Response Program Manager? Details at https://blogs.apache.org/security/entry/position-available-security-response-program
- Did you know that the latest projects undergoing development in the Apache Incubator include DevLake (Big Data), HugeGraph (graph database), Kvrocks (database), and Uniffle (unified Remote Shuffle Service)? https://incubator.apache.org/projects/#current
- Did you know that the logos of (nearly) all Apache projects are available at http://www.apache.org/logos/ ? Brand and logo usage guidelines are at https://apache.org/foundation/marks/
Apache Community Notices
- Apache in 2021 - By The Digits + Video highlights
- Watch "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] 2) "Apache Everywhere" [6 min] 3) "Why Apache" [2.5 min] 4) "Apache Innovation" [40 min]
- ASF Annual Report: FY2021 (PDF)
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Foundation Reports and Statements
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
- Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.