The Apache News Round-up: week ending 24 June 2022
Happy Friday, everyone --let's review the Apache community's activities from over the past week:
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- FINAL CALL: Travel Assistance available for ApacheCon North America. Application deadline 1 July
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 July 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 306 Apache Committers and 829 contributors changed 2,186,931 lines of code over 3,155 commits. Top five contributors, in order, are: Sebastian Rühl, Mark Thomas, Ivan Zhakov, Gary Gregory, and Andriy Redko.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data --
- Apache Druid 0.23.0 released
- Apache Kyuubi (Incubating) 1.5.2-incubating released
- Apache ShardingSphere 5.1.2 released
- Apache Geode 1.15.0 released
- Apache Karaf runtime 4.2.16 released
- Apache SkyWalking Java Agent 8.11.0 released
- Apache Lucene 8.11.2 released
- Apache Solr 8.11.2 released
- Apache Tomcat CVE-2022-34305 - XSS in examples web application
Web Frameworks --
- Apache Portals Jetspeed-2, Bridges and Applications are now retired as dormant
- New Apache Airflow Providers released
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Lyft uses Apache Beam to enable real-time ML streaming feature generation and model execution, optimize Marketplace ML predictions, and process ~4 million events/minute?
- Did you know that eCommerce platform Fordeal's Big Data platform scheduler is powered by Apache DolphinScheduler?
- Did you know that Apache Druid's extremely efficient data representation as rollup makes it the database of choice for AdTech data?
Apache Community Notices
- Apache in 2021 - By The Digits + Video highlights
- Watch "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] 2) "Apache Everywhere" [6 min] 3) "Why Apache" [2.5 min] 4) "Apache Innovation" [40 min]
- ASF Annual Report: FY2021 (PDF)
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Foundation Reports and Statements
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
- Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.