The Apache News Round-up: week ending 29 July 2022
Farewell, July --we’re wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache community’s activities:
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
- Registrations are open for ApacheCon North America, 2022 https://www.apachecon.com/acna2022/register.html
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 August 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 274 Apache Committers and 819 contributors changed 2,862,825 lines of code over 3,389 commits. Top five contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Gary Gregory, Claus Ibsen, Robbie Gemmell, and Dan Haywood.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Attic – provides process and solutions when an Apache project has reached its end of life.
- Apache Clerezza is now retired
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® ShenYu™ as a Top-Level Project
- Apache APISIX 2.15.0 released
- Apache Calcite Avatica 1.22.0 released
- CVE-2022-36364: Avatica JDBC driver httpclient_impl connection property can be used as an RCE vector
- Apache OpenOffice 4.1.13 released
Identity Management –
- Apache Fortress 2.0.8 released
- Apache MXNet CVE-2022-24294: ReDoS in RTC Module
Network Client –
- Apache MINA 2.2.1 released
Programming Languages –
- Apache Groovy 2.5.18, 3.0.12, and 4.0.4 released
- Apache bRPC 1.2.0 released
- Apache Lucene 9.3.0 released
- Apache Tomcat 10.0.23 released
Apache Community Notices
Apache in 2021 - By The Digits + Video highlights
The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
“Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our “Powered By” logos.
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Have an item? Contact us!
We try to catch all the major announcements and goings on at The ASF, but we’re not all-knowing. Have an item you want to see in the weekly round-up? Send it to email@example.com.