The Apache News Round-up: week ending 8 July 2022
Happy Friday, everyone --let's review the Apache community's activities from over the past week:
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Registrations are open for ApacheCon North America, 2022 https://www.apachecon.com/acna2022/register.html
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 July 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 271 Apache Committers and 752 contributors changed 1,776,706 lines of code over 3,430 commits. Top five contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Gary Gregory, Liang Zhang, Jarek Potiuk, and Minghui Liu.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Attic – provides process and solutions when an Apache project has reached its end of life.
- Apache Chemistry is now retired https://s.apache.org/hqruj
Big Data --
- Apache Flink 1.15.1 released
- Apache Druid CVE-2022-28889: Clickjacking in the web console
- Apache Superset CVE-2021-37839: Improper access to dataset metadata information
- Apache IoTDB 0.14.0 released
- Apache Commons CVE-2022-33980: Configuration insecure interpolation defaults
Logging Services --
- Apache Log4j 2.18.0 released
Machine Learning --
- Apache SystemDS 3.0.0 released
- Apache Qpid ProtonJ2 1.0.0-M7 released
- Apache Curator 5.3.0 released
- Apache Pulsar 2.10.1 released
- Apache Linkis 1.1.2-RC2 (incubating) released
Release Auditing --
- Apache Creadur RAT 0.14 released on June 13
Web Frameworks --
- Apache Portals CVE-2022-32533: XSS, CSRF, SSRF, and XXE issues
- Apache DolphinScheduler 3.0.0-beta-2 released
Apache Community Notices
- Apache in 2021 - By The Digits + Video highlights
- Watch "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] 2) "Apache Everywhere" [6 min] 3) "Why Apache" [2.5 min] 4) "Apache Innovation" [40 min]
- ASF Annual Report: FY2021 (PDF)
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Foundation Reports and Statements
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
- Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Have an item? Contact us!
We try to catch all the major announcements and goings on at The ASF, but we're not all-knowing. Have an item you want to see in the weekly round-up? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.