The dark side of the wellness industry, and how all-or-nothing thinking prevents long-term health and happiness, with Robyn Conley Downs
Welcome to the new year! The theme for this month’s podcast episodes and guests is pursuing TRUE health and feeling good without diets or protocols – to go against the grain and provide a welcoming alternative to the traditional shame-based January new years resolutions culture. One of my main goals is to show you how you can pursue health and actually feel great from the inside-out (physical, mental, emotional health) without doing diets or cycling through elimination protocols. Remember, if those things actually worked long term, you wouldn’t to ‘reset’ again year after year, month after month, to actually feel good.
Robyn Conley Downs is an entrepreneur and the author of the new book the Feel Good Effect: Reclaim Your Wellness by Finding Small Shifts that Create Big Change. Robyn has a Master’s degree in education with an emphasis in behavior change, and 4 years of public policy & health change at the doctoral level, her work taps into cutting edge science around psychology, neuroscience, mindfulness, and habits.
On today’s episode we’re discussing:
- The dark side of the wellness industry
- How perfectionism, all-or-nothing thinking, and comparison get in the way of feeling good, being happy and healthy
- Why doing all-or-nothing protocols in the pursuit of physical health can lead to burnout and a drastic decrease in your mental and emotional health
- What is chronic striving and why it’s so unhealthy
- Why attaching your worth and value to productivity is so damaging
Hang out with Robyn!
- Robyn’s Book: The Feel Good Effect: Reclaim Your Wellness by Finding Small Shifts that Create Big Change
- Website: https://realfoodwholelife.com/
- Instagram: @realfoodwholelife
- Podcast: the Feel Good Effect
Want more from Dana?
- Join the *free* Non-Diet Community on Facebook for episode discussion + support!
- 1×1 Nutrition & Coaching services: Schedule a free 15 minute consult worldwide via video or phone – https://p.bttr.to/3dFylPU
- Online courses: breaking free of the diet cycle, healing from body image issues, and how to incorporate non-diet nutrition into healing chronic health conditions. Learn more at wholeheartedeating.com
Have a topic you’d love me to cover? email me at firstname.lastname@example.org OR comment on a podcast episode blog post (linked below) with your idea!
LISTEN TO REAL TALK WITH DANA ON ITUNES HERE !
LISTEN ON STITCHER HERE !
CHECK OUT THE SHOW ON SPOTIFY HERE!!
If you love the podcast, please subscribe to get all new episodes and write a five-star rating & review on iTunes or wherever you listen to podcasts – you guys are the beeeest! It really helps the show grow and reach more people. I appreciate you!