Under the Sea
Hello and Welcome
Today's card is featuring this beautiful stencil called Big Seaweed.
It is part of a series of stencils released this month featuring a beach/ocean theme.
So here's what I did to create my card.
- I cut a white cardstock panel and laid the Big Seaweed stencil over my paper.
- I decided to ink it up using some Brusho, so I sprinkled a few onto a piece of acetate, sprayed with water to activate, then using a baby wipe, I inked over the stencil by dipping the wipe into the wet ink and pressing over the stencil. The Brushos give such vibrant colours to anything. Be sure not to use a lot as they go a long way.
- When the panel was dry, I used a blending brush to add some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink and then I splattered with my black Posca pen.
- Next, I used a circle die and cut it from the center of the inked panel.
- I placed the circle into my Misti and stamped the sentiment near the bottom of the circle.
- I stamped the little fish from a set by Lawn Fawn, die cut them out and coloured them with the left over Brushos on the acetate sheet and a wet paintbrush.
- I glued the stenciled piece onto a heavy white card base, then pop dotted the circle back into place.
- I pop dotted the little fish over the sentiment as well.
Here is the stencil I used:
Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Adding my card to these challenges:
Time Out- TROPICAL
Unicorn Challenge- MONOCHROMATIC
Simon Say Mon.- SOMETHING THAT STARTS WITH 'S' (seaweed)
Stamps- Everyday Circle Tags (Avery Elle); Mermaid for You (Lawn Fawn)
Inks- Versafine Clair, Brushos, DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); Infinity Circle die (HA); Posca pen;
TE Blending Brushes
Source: snippets karen