Vegan Chicken and Waffles Recipe
I’m going to show you how to make my vegan chicken and waffles recipe using a quick waffles recipe and my vegan KFC chicken recipe. Using simple vegan ingredients, you can make this nostalgic sweet and savoury brunch dish at home.
For the vegan chicken, I use soy curls, but if you don’t have soy curls on hand, or you’re pressed for time, use frozen vegan chicken nuggets or any other vegan chicken alternative you’d like.
Related Recipe: Vegan KFC Popcorn Chicken
Vegan Chicken & Waffles
Chicken and waffles is a classic New York meal that started in Harlem in the 1930s jazz era. It’s often served with butter, hot sauce and maple syrup and is loved by people everywhere. It’s a comfort food that I think tastes best with jazz music playing in the background.
All you need to do to make this vegan recipe is prepare your fried chicken and waffle, mix the hot honey and plate.
Related Post: Vegan Birthday Waffles
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN AND WAFFLES (VEGAN):
Vegan Fried Chicken
- My Vegan KFC Popcorn Chicken Recipe
- Or your choice of vegan chicken
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- My Vegan KFC Popcorn Chicken
- Vegan chicken of choice
- Prepare your vegan fried chicken and set it aside.
- Whisk your waffle ingredients together and cook in a greased waffle iron following Bisquick's written instructions on the box.
- Whisk together hot honey ingredients and set aside.
- Serve by topping each waffle with popcorn chicken pieces and drizzling over some hot honey.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Brunch Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!