Vegan Kebab Recipe
I’m going to show you how to make a vegan Kebab with vegan meat! Using fresh and kebab flavours, I’ll show you how to make this sandwich like a kebab takeout.
Whether you’re looking to replace kebabs for plant-based kebabs to enjoy after a night out or something different to pack for lunch, this meaty vegan sandwich is made using mainly easy-to-find ingredients!
Related Recipe: Vegan Reuben Sandwich
Vegan Kebab Sandwich
This thick meaty and saucy sandwich is inspired by my favourite late-night food that hits the spot no matter where you are in the world, from Berlin to Toronto to Tel Aviv, a shaved meat and veggie sandwich covered in sauce never fails to bring a smile to my face.
All you need to do to make this vegan recipe is add onion, “meat” and seasonings to a food processor, then roll it up and freeze, then slice and cook the meat, add veggies and sauces to a soft fluffy flatbread and enjoy.
Related Post: 20+ Vegan Sandwiches
INGREDIENTS FOR KEBAB (VEGAN):
- Beyond Meat, Impossible or Similar
- Black Pepper
- Ground Coriander
- Garlic Powder
- Vegan Butter or Oil to cook
- Lebanese-Style Pita or Naan
- Red Onion
- Vegan Yogurt Sauce (optional)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Sumac (optional)
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT I USED:
- ¼ small onion
- 1 lb beyond meat, impossible or comparative ground beef
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tspgarlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or oil to cook
- Puree the onion in a food processor. Add meat, black pepper, cumin, coriander, oregano, garlic powder, and paprika, and pulse until incorporated, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Place the meat onto a piece of foil or parchment and form into a log. Tightly wrap it.
- Transfer the log of meat to the freezer and let it sit for 5 hours or overnight.
- Remove it from the freezer and carefully slice it into thin strips.
- Over medium-high, heat some oil or vegan butter in a pan and in batches cook slices in a single layer, on both sides, until browned.
- Smear sauce of choice on a warmed flatbread, then top with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and red onion.
- Add kebab meat and drizzle with sauces of choice, and sumach, if using.
- Roll up the pita and wrap it with foil to hold it together more easily. Or serve flat on a plate and follow guests or fam to roll it up themselves.
Hey I’m Candice aka The Edgy Veg – I veganize popular food recipes for vegans, plant-based diets, eco-conscious eaters & people who are trying to eat more plants over… y’know animals or their by-products. I hope you enjoy this tasty vegan recipe!
Looking For More Vegan Sandwich Recipes?
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating & comment below. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Feel free to share your food photos on social and tag me @edgyveg so I don’t miss it!