Weekly Roundup: Assorted Items
If you’re looking for a great new puffer jacket or coat, this is the year to do it. Despite supply chain challenges, the assortment across puffer silhouettes, colours, lengths, patterns, thicknesses, fits, vibes and fabrics is sublime. I have taken advantage and added one, maybe two, as per my shopping list.
- Marc New York Minna Hooded Faux Fur Trim Puffer Coat: These puffers have a slight sheen, which together with the faux fur dresses them up a little. On-trend boxy cut and lots of room for layering. Click on the link to see the fun streaked faux fur trim at the back of the hood. I returned it because it was too big, the hood especially, and the silver hardware was too chunky. Super cute though!
- Bernardo Recycled Long Puffer Coat in Soft Micro Touch: Long, fitted, versatile, and on sale in three colours. Snazzy!
- SAVE THE DUCK Alexis Puffer Jacket: I bought this in chartreuse after my new orange Michael Kors puffer laundry disaster, and I like it even more. To save the ducks and true to the name of the brand, it's not made of down, and is easy to launder. It's warm, but light and packable. It's fitted yet layers well over chunkier items. The double zipper is fab and comes up very high for neck insulation. The hood fits my small head. PERFECT for PNW dog walking in the woods and on the beach. Comes in nine colours at a discounted price.
My affection for Ralph Lauren labels has been rekindled this year. They are hitting the right note for smart casual and trendy classic style, with an equestrian, glam, yet sporty edge. And I like it! The brand has also been more size inclusive than most labels for some time now. I’ve bought two Ralph Lauren items this year, and plan to keep the brand on my radar as I build my Horsey Capsule (more about that later).
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Chain Print Crewneck Sweater: I bought this navy darling to kick off my new Horsey Capsule. It's cotton-rich with a very neat and tidy fit. The classic horse bit pattern is gold and warm. The pullover is quite long, but works tucked into bottoms. I dress it up or down, and cover it with pearls.
- Polo Ralph Lauren High-Low Long Sleeve Cotton Henley Dress: If you're looking for a streamlined yet flared midi dress that feels like loungewear but looks casually elegant, this is one way to go. A curvy client has it in solid grey, and dresses it up and down to perfection.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Delvan Paperbag Waist Crop Tapered Jeans: These cute paperbag jeans don't have front pleats. which makes them look a little more streamlined. They are fab without the belt tie too.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Cable Shoulder Button Convertible Turtleneck Sweater: A versatile trendy classic if you like cables and this shade of grey. It layers well over shirts and blouses, and the collar buttons up to a turtleneck too.
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Slim Ankle Pants: I ordered these because I was looking for a pair of cherry red cigarette pants with some fluidity to them. They are GREAT, and I'm wearing them a lot. They are not as fluid on me as on the model. More of a tailored cigarette pants fit in my regular size. Luxe fabric, substantial, no pocket lining grinning, and very comfy. I might let down the hems for an inch of extra length. I tried to order the same in navy, but it's sold out. Comes in black.
The items below have been winners for me, some of my clients, and some forum members. Browse the colour and size options, and feel free to share your own recent winners in the comments section.
- JAGGAR Pure Silk Floral Long Sleeve Shirt: It's good to see British brand Jaeger at Marks & Spencer after it dissappeared. Great quality, and fun on-trend variations of classics. Like this classic floral blouse in an unusual olive, black, blush and cobalt colour combination.
- M&S Collection Faux Shearling Aviator Jacket: Cool-Toned Brown Aviator Fabness. Lovely quality and fab fluid fit.
- Kurt Geiger London Mini Kensington Velvet Crossbody Bag: A darling dressy wardrobe pet for Team Cobalt and Sliver.
- TAYLOR Asymmetrical Striped Dress: Taylor makes lovely dresses, and this one is no exception. The diagonal lines in the stripe and on the hemline create a flattering and interesting effect. Quite forgiving on the midsection. The swoosh is fun too. The neckline is high, so consider yourself warned.
- Lucy Paris Textured Velvet Skirt: I loved this skirt. It's perfectly streamlined but with ample movement because it's cut on the bias. The textured velvet is different, soft, and interesting. It's very comfy, and the underside of the fabric feels like lining although it's not lined. The length was a little longer on me too. It's more cranberry than red in person so I couldn't make it work well enough with my separates. I hope it works for you.
- SCOTCH & SODA Print Organic Cotton Mock Neck: A fitted cotton tee in an interesting pattern that looks great under a vest with a skirt.
- Boden Bronzed Full Midi Skirt: A beautiful bronze party skirt with pockets that looks as fab with a cosy short sweater. I wish it came in navy or red.
- Boden Cuffed Velvet Pants: If you're after a dressier pair of joggers, try these. They come in black and petites.
- Franco Sarto Mobi Booties: Classic, practical, versatile and comfy. You can add an extra insole for an even softer footbed. Comes in black.
- SARTO By Franco Sarto Etna Bootie: British Racing Green Lug Sole Bootie Fabness. Very chunky on the foot so you've been warned. Might not work for high insteps. Comes in neutrals.
- Banana Republic High-Rise Straight Corduroy Ankle Pant: These look great, have good reviews, aren't skinny, and I've ordered the cream. The rise isn't too high either. Comes in darker neutrals and in Talls. I want to wear it with a cream pullover and cream boots.
- Everlane The Way-High Jean: I like Everlane's dark wash denim, their relaxed cuts, sustainable and ethical manufacturing practices, and the turn-up on this style. I've ordered them, and will keep you posted. Comes in colours and longer lengths.
- Ecco Women's Modtray Chelsea Boot: A no-nonsense, classic, waterproof and very comfy bootie that works for high arches, and can fit an orthotic.
- C By Bloomingdale's Cashmere Duster Cardigan - 100% Exclusive: Bloomingdale's cashmere is worth a look, and this maxi cardigan was gorgeously elegant on one of our silver-haired forum members. Comes in other neutrals.
- Phenomenal Ambitious Sweatshirt: I love this brand of sweatshirt for at-home loungewear. It's my second one, and it wears and washes like a dream. Goes into the dryer and does not shrink or discolour. I got this one to motivate me for 2021. It's navy, and VERY comfy. Fab oversized fit.
- COS Pleated Wrap Midi Skirt: I LOVED this skirt. Warm, insulating, and fab quality. It has heft, great architectural drape, and fit very well. Fab swoosh factor. Lovely length too. A kilt with a trendy classic vibe. The waist might run a size small. I returned it because the navy was too dull. When I paired it with my navy items, it looked grey, so it's not for me. It might be for you, and comes in black.
- Levi's Ribcage High Waist Ankle Straight Leg Jeans: Great relaxed straights that aren't too high in the rise. Fitted on the waist, but roomy on the thighs. Soft and stretchy. Comfy.
You can see the pictures alongside the items on the collection page.
NOTE: Some rich content in this post was omitted because it isn't supported by the feed. Please visit the post on youlookfab.com to see the additional content.