Chicago Eats: Holiday Tea at The Langham
This year, Ashley, aka my favorite fellow Anglophile, and I decided to make our way over to The Langham for their holiday tea service. While we've both been to Travelle at The Langham numerous times over the years (here's our very first visit back in 2016), neither of us had managed to make it in for their holiday tea, so this was an extra special treat. The service is held in their second-floor lounge, Pavillion, and includes a variety of proprietary Langham teas and an array of sweet and savory bites, all served on gorgeous Wedgewood teaware made exclusively for The Langham. It is definitely a must-experience tea service, as The Langham is credited as the first luxury hotel in Europe to serve afternoon tea beginning in 1865.
The Holiday Tea menu includes a spread of savories, scones, and desserts, as well as sparkling wine (or the champagne upgrade, which of course, we had to get!) and tea selections.
The savories tray is made up of a variety of sandwiches boasting international flavors, which are definitely more unique than the typical offerings. This year's service includes:
- Milk-Braised Lamb Rillettes with Medjool date chutney, frisée, and celery
- Green Circle Chicken Cone with tomato jam, burrata, and petite basil
- Butternut Squash Tartlet with Brussels sprouts, creamy Crescenza, and toasted pepitas
- Seedless Cucumber Greek Salad with garbanzo yogurt spread, sweet peppers, and spearmint
Not to be outdone by their savory counterparts, the pastries are all beautifully festive and delicious:
- Mont Blanc: chestnut cream, mascarpone mousse, and orange cinnamon curd
- Hot Cocoa Kiss: cocoa sable, marshmallow crème, and chocolate peppermint ganache
- Black Forest Yule Log: dark chocolate sponge, Morello cherry mousse, and white chocolate glaze
- Santa’s Milk and Cookies: white chocolate pot de crème, eggnog chantilly, and gingersnap cookie
The whole experience at The Langham is lovely and I cannot wait to head back over their next year to experience their themed tea services (previous themes have included Downton Abbey and Alice in Wonderland). Whether for an afternoon with girlfriends, a work outing, family time, or a romantic date, I highly recommend adding an afternoon at The Langham to your plans!
You can try all of this deliciousness and more at The Langham Chicago: 330 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL.
Disclosure: I received a complimentary meal to facilitate this post. Review and all opinions are my own.