Paleo Cranberry Apple Bread
Paleo Cranberry Apple Bread is just the treat you need this holiday season! The tangy taste of cranberries pairs so well with the sweetened and cinnamon spiced apples. All baked with some walnuts, and a cinnamon streusel topping! Bake a loaf for your family, your neighbor, or just for a fun breakfast or afternoon treat. A bread that is sure to be loved by all!
Another December day, another holiday inspired treat for you all! I recently took to Instagram ready to bake a holiday themed bread. Truth be told, I was thinking I would love to make an Eggnog Cinnamon Swirl Bread. The Cranberry Apple was also another thought of mine, so I took a poll to ask all of you which one you prefer!
It should be obvious that the Cranberry Apple Bread was the winner! I still keep thinking about this eggnog bread, so IF I have time in the next week, you might be seeing another fun holiday inspired treat.
Super happy with the way this one turned out! I love an apple bread: chunks of apples covered in cinnamon, and I especially love the way they create a moist and delicious bread! Throwing in some cranberries and cinnamon walnut streusel on top was the perfect way to finish it off!
So whether you are looking for another baking project this month (aren’t we all baking a ton this particular holiday season?!?!), or just looking for a fun and festive breakfast on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning, I think you are all going to love this one.
Let’s get started!
How to make Paleo Cranberry Apple Bread:
Let’s begin by gathering up our ingredients:
- almond flour
- tapioca starch/flour
- coconut flour
- coconut sugar
- baking soda
- sea salt
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- diced apples
- fresh cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the apples and the cranberries. Peel the apples and dice into small pieces. Give the cranberries a rough chop. Sprinkle both with some cinnamon and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients: all 3 flours, coconut sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt in a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl whisk the eggs, and stir in melted coconut oil with the maple syrup.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry. A wooden spoon or spatula works best for this. Once well incorporated, fold in the cranberries, apples, and walnuts.
- The batter will be thick! Spoon into a prepared loaf pan (I used a 8×4 inch loaf pan). Spread with a spatula so that it’s even along the top.
- Make the streusel topping: melt the coconut oil, and mix with coconut sugar, cinnamon, almond flour, and pecans or walnuts. It will be a crumbly topping that you can spread over the top. Transfer to the oven to bake!
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. This will depend on your oven and the size of your loaf pan! Once the center is set, remove from oven and let cool completely.
Serving and Storing:
Once completely cooled, slice into thick slices and serve. You can warm it up a bit and spread some butter on it for a yummy breakfast or pairing with your coffee or tea. You can also enjoy plain as an evening dessert!
I store all of my baked goods in the freezer so they are nice and fresh. Make sure to slice it up, so you can bring an individual slice to room temperature in about 20 minutes before enjoying.
Paleo Cranberry Apple Bread
For the Cranberry Apple Bread
- 1 cup finely diced apples*
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries
- 3 tsp cinnamon (divided)
- 1.5 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
For the Cinnamon Streusel:
- 2 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 8x4 loaf pan and set aside.
- Prepare the apple and cranberries by chopping. Sprinkle with about 1 tsp of cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: all flours, coconut sugar, baking soda, remaining cinnamon, and salt. In a seperate smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs with the melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until no dry pockets remain.
- Fold in the cranberries, apples, and walnuts. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to incorporate well. Spoon into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Make the streusel topping: stir together the melted butter or coconut oil, almond flour, sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt. Spoon on top of the loaf and evenly distribute.
- Transfer the bread to the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes (may take a bit longer, this all depends on your oven). Remove from the oven and let cool before slicing.