The Radio Telemetry Kit for Pixhawk is a small, lightweight, and inexpensive open source radio platform that can allow for ranges of better than 300m out of the box with the ability to be extended to several kilometers with the use of a patch antenna on the ground. The radio uses open source firmware which has been specially designed to work well with MAVLink packets and to be integrated with the Mission Planner, Copter, Rover, and Plane.
This telemetry kit includes two radio modules, USB cable, Android adapter cable, two JST-GH cables, two right-angled RP-SMA connectors, and two 915MHz antennas. Each radio module in the kit features a transmit power of 100mW, a RX sensitivity of -117dB, a full duplex transparent serial link of 57600baud and are equipped with a micro USB and UART port for easy connectivity.
In order to use the Radio Telemetry Kit, you’ll need to plug one module into the Telem1 port on your Pixhawk4 using one of the provided JST-GH cables, and plug the other module into the USB port on your base station. If you follow the prompts you will be able to have both radio modules connected in less than five minutes. In the Documents tab above you will find a full getting started guide to help you set up your Pixhawk with this kit in no time!
- 2x Radio Modules with Antennas
- 1x Micro USB Cable
- 1x Android OTG Adapter Cable
- 1x GH 6P-GH 4P Cable
- 1x MLX 6P-GH 4P Cable
- 2x Right-Angled RP-SMA Connectors
- 100 mW maximum output power (adjustable) -117 dBm receive sensitivity
- Open-source SIK firmware
- RP-SMA connector
- 2-way full-duplex communication through adaptive TDM UART interface
- Transparent serial link
- MAVLink protocol framing
- FT230X is a USB to BASIC UART IC
- Interchangeable air and ground modules 915 or 433 mHz
- Micro-USB port
- 4-position JST-GH connector
- Supply voltage: 5V DC (from USB or JST-GH)
- Transmit current: 100 mA at 20dBm
- Receive current: 25 mA
- Serial interface: 3.3 V UART