If you simply can’t wait to play the upcoming Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires demo, there’s a way to get it early.
Even better, it’s fully playable in English. The only downside? It’s not available on PC or PlayStation consoles just yet – for this nifty workaround you’ll need to have access to an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
In fact, by using a similar trick, you can gain access to an English version of the full game months before its release date. This is according to users online though we’ve yet to verify this method ourselves. Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires is due to launch overseas on February 15, 2020.
Here’s how to get your hands on the demo ahead of time:
- Power up your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S console, then go to the Microsoft Edge internet browser app.
- Go to the official Xbox website at www.xbox.com.
- Make sure you sign in using your Xbox Live or Microsoft account.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page to find your region. For example, if you’re in the UK it should say English (United Kingdom). Click on this to change your region.
- Under the “Asia and Pacific” region list, you can find Japan. Look for these symbols -日本
- Now you are on the Japanese Xbox website use the browser’s translate feature to help navigate in English.
- Go to the search bar and type in “8 Empires”
- You will find an item called [Trial Version] Shin Sangoku Musou 8 Empires. Don’t worry, the series numbering is slightly different in Japan.
- Under the game artwork there are three symbols – click the middle heart symbol to add the Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires demo to your wishlist.
- Leave the Edge browser and go to the Store app.
- Find your favourites/wish list on the left side column. Here you find the demo and can install it from here.
- Wait for it to download (roughly 10GB) and you’re ready to play!
If you have followed this method correctly, the demo will be fully playable in English.
It includes a limited amount of content and features from the full release, including a siege battle tutorial and a glimpse of the new and improved edit mode.