About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Entertainment, Gaming
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
java, spring-boot, mysql
Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning brands – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
Our tech arm (formerly known as Silverspin) is based in Skövde, Sweden. This is a growing organization, specializing in customer-centric, innovative and competitive development of iGaming technology.
We are now looking for a senior developer!
Do you have a talent for not only identifying and articulating problems but also implementing targeted, impactful solutions to said problems whilst considering the larger picture? Are you a good communicator that can break down and elaborate on complex topics in laymen terms for key stakeholders? Are you a flexible person and want to work with the core parts of our platform? Keep on reading!
In this role, you’ll work primarily with non-functional requirements and improving throughout from a software development hands-on element, whilst serving other development teams using your products. You’ll be working in a team where you handle complex, technically challenging questions. The focus will be on optimising our internal account systems.
The chosen candidate will be involved in working on numerous exciting projects in line with our expanding road map and growth strategies. You will have the opportunity to transform old code into newly improved code, as well as enhancements onto our current systems in place.
We see that you are able to work independently and in coordination with others. You are also comfortable taking informed decisions based on experience and data, not only on implementation but also on prioritisation. The team is very self-driven, and you will have daily discussions to agree on the most important aspects to improve.
Here’s our wish list for the candidate!
- Comprehensive experience with back-end software development, and has particularly involved throughout the SDLC
- Working with APIs and large-scale integration projects
- Comprehensive experience with using MySQL databases
- Experience with general product development, coordinating larger cross team development efforts and high-profile projects
- Experience of working within fast-paced environments, and ability to identify what is of immediate importance and what can be deferred
- Experience working with software subject to scaling requirements
- Experience working with large scale data requirements
- Having worked in transaction systems before is considered an advantage
- Java development experience of 5+ years (minimum)
- Proficient in Java 8
- Previous experience working with MySQL databases
- Further database knowledge will be considered an asset
- Knowledge in Springboot and any other Java frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solution oriented with the ability to implement them in a structured manner
- Strong prioritization skills
- Prior experience working within a team, whilst also holding the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to communicate on technical topics in an inclusive, non-technical way
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
There are a million reasons to join us. We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market, such as continued personal growth and career development plans, as well as performance based bonuses, flexible work hours, a fun and friendly work culture and a great new office in the center of Skövde. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish. You’ll have the opportunity (hopefully soon!) to work in a modern and well catered for environment, with monthly massages, office events and team-building activities. Until then, we also offer a Work From Home Allowance to ensure you have everything you need to work comfortably, during these times.
We are Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be! You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s our promise.