About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Entertainment, Gaming
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
java, spring-boot, sql, microservices
Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning brands – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
We’re now looking for a senior developer to join us!
Our ideal candidate would be a developer who is a team player that likes to build and deliver projects together as a team. You should also be comfortable to work independently and coordinate with other development teams and key stakeholders.
Together with the rest of the team, you will mainly work with the development of backend components within the Payments area to build our micro service architecture. You will also work with the development and maintenance of the corresponding Backoffice functionality.
- Previous relevant work experience
- Comprehensive experience of software development
- Working with APIs and other communication interfaces.
- Comprehensive experience with database optimization
- Experience with general product development, coordinating larger cross team development efforts and high profile projects
- Experience of working in environments with a lot of moving parts, and ability to identify what is of immediate importance and what can be deferred
- Having worked in transaction systems before is an advantage
- Experience working with software subject to scaling requirements
- Strong skills in Java and SQL
- Knowledge in Springboot
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to implement solutions that are thoughtfully structured and readable
- Solution oriented
- Strong prioritization skills
- Be able to thrive in an autonomous environment
- Ability to communicate on technical topics in an inclusive, non-technical way
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
There are a million reasons to join us. We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market, such as continued personal growth and career development plans, as well as performance based bonuses, flexible work hours, a fun and friendly work culture and a great new office in the center of Skövde. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish. You’ll have the opportunity (hopefully soon!) to work in a modern and well catered for environment, with monthly massages, office events and team-building activities. Until then, we also offer a Work From Home Allowance to ensure you have everything you need to work comfortably, during these times.
We are Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be! You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s our promise.