Address: Austin, TX, United States See map
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, hadoop, c++
Job descriptionthe world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetise their work. Our technology and services power advertising across Apple’s services. It sits at the very core of the strategically important pillars in the services’ strategy. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, push state of the art ML/DL models and sets new standards for enabling personalised content while protecting user privacy. We are looking for an ambitious individual who can thrive in an agile environment. You will develop distributed systems and apply cutting edge algorithms and ML models to improve relevance across a range of advertising applications. The position involved large scale data infrastructure building as well the capability to do big data analysis. Detecting meaningful data patterns; assuring the integrity and breadth of the data; measuring user, campaign and app performance; and finally analysing the results of extremely large-scale experiments. In addition, the successful candidate will also apply advanced ML techniques for federated learning where privacy mechanisms are safeguarded at the very onset and delightful relevance experiences are built by applying encryption techniques, on-device segmentation, advanced language models, ranking algorithms by utilising the best of aggregated server and on-device data.
Core Engineering is a diverse, global, agile engineering team that moves smart and fast by consuming and optimising readily-available technology, collaborating to improve and scale capabilities across businesses and use cases, and sharing our own innovative solutions so everyone can benefit. We are not constrained by organisation structure and offer flexibility to work on a variety of backend systems and we have fun doing it !!! YOU WILL: - Collaborate with product management to define external APIs for campaign management. - Design and implement performant AI/ML platforms for information retrieval scenarios. - Build shared capabilities like Authentication, Authorisation, information control flow, efficient data pipelines etc to support multiple internal and external partners - Implement low latency, highly - available, high volume user facing ad-serving systems in a cloud environment. - Engineer secure and scalable distributed data processing systems that generate data required for online content-serving systems.
Skills & requirements
- 7 or more years of industry experience building scalable micro services or data driven platforms.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Strong experience with Java/Scala/C++ or equivalent.
- Expertise in NoSQL datastores ( e.g Cassandra )
- Proficiency in data processing technologies (e.g Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, or similar technologies )
- Experience designing scalable micro services.
- Experience in Cloud technologies ( e.g AWS )
- Proficiency in distributed systems and architecture
- Demonstrated ability to work on complex problems and systems
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Good to have Devops tools knowledge i.e Kubernetes / terraform
- Have the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- Exposure to applied machine learning, analytics is a plus
- Experience in Ads domain is a plus
Bachelor's / Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.