The SharePoint PnP Community monthly call is our general monthly review of the latest SharePoint and Microsoft 365 PnP topics (news, tools, extensions, features, capabilities, content and training), engineering priorities and community recognition for Developers, IT Pros and Makers. This monthly community call happens on the second Tuesday of each month. You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/sp-call.
In this call, the Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub at Microsoft Tech Communities is introduced, the Microsoft 365 Update – Community (PnP) | February 2021 update is released, and 3 new members are welcomed to the Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices (PnP) team – April Dunnam (Microsoft), Emily Mancini (Sympraxis Consulting), and Veronique Lengelle (CPS). The Top 10 developer and non-developer entries in UserVoice were reviewed and engineering priorities identified. Your votes do influence engineering priorities. You are invited to attend the Sharing is Caring “Ask Me Anything” session focusing on PnPjs takes place on February 11th. Latest on functionality in upcoming release of SPFx v1.12 is reviewed. Each and every month there are 200 + active contributors and organizations participating in this Microsoft 365 PnP Community. You are truly amazing. Thank you for your contributions and commitment. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) @vesajuvonen. Q&A took place in the chat throughout the call.
The highlight is seeing not just names, but the faces of the individuals who make this community great!
Latest on the SharePoint app bar and hub sites – the new skinny left nav – app bar, delivers a consistent global navigation across your Modern app surfaces on desktop and mobile devices. Four navigation nodes – Global Nav, Sites, News, and Files are accessed from the app bar. News and Files are the user’s personalized views. See how to configure the app bar components. V1.0 rolls out this quarter, future capability ideas are shared and Q&A throughout.
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events
- First Time Contributor Session – February 24th (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – February dates TBD based on registrations
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – February 16th & 22nd
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – February 23rd
- PnP – AMA (Ask Me Anything) – PnPjs Edition – February 11th
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/sp-call.
This call was delivered on Tuesday, February 9, 2021. The call agenda is reflected below with direct links to specific sections. You can jump directly to a specific topic by clicking on the topic’s timestamp which will redirect your browser to that topic in the recording published on the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube Channel.
- UserVoice status for non-dev focused SharePoint entries – 3:33
- UserVoice status for dev focused SharePoint Framework entries – 4:15
- SharePoint community update with latest news and roadmap – 7:39
- Community contributors and companies which have been involved in the past month – 10:54
- Demo: Latest on the SharePoint app bar and hub sites – Melissa Torres (Microsoft) | @Meltorac – 14:02
The full recording of this session is available from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel – http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos.
- Presentation slides used in this community call are found at OneDrive.
Additional resources on covered topics and discussions.
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub at Microsoft Tech Communities | https://aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Blog Post – Realize the value of an intelligent intranet in your organization
- Documentation – Modernize your classic SharePoint sites
- Documentation – Introduction to SharePoint information architecture
- Documentation – Set up a home site for your organization
- Support Article – What is a SharePoint hub site?
- Documentation – Planning your SharePoint hub sites
- PnP Weekly – Episode 113 with MVP guest – Tom Morgan (Modality Systems) | @tomorgan | video | podcast
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- PnP Weekly – Videos
- PnP Weekly – Podcasts
- M365 Community Documentation – (non-dev)
- SharePoint Documentation and Guidance – (technical)
- SharePoint Framework v1.11
- SharePoint Framework v1.11 release notes
- Exploring how to get started on open-source and community work?
- SharePoint Starter Kit
- Recurrent invite to SharePoint Development monthly calls – http://aka.ms/spdev-call
- SharePoint Developer documentation – http://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint Development Issues – http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint GitHub organization – http://github.com/SharePoint
- SharePoint Development UserVoice – new feature requests – http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
Upcoming calls | Recurrent invites:
- Adaptive Cards monthly call: February 11th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- SharePoint Framework call: February 11th at 07:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Office add-in monthly call: January 13th at 8 AM PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- Microsoft Teams monthly call: February 16th at 8:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/microsoftteamscommunitycall
- Power Apps monthly call: February 17th at 8:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- M365 General Dev call: February 18th at 07:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Microsoft Graph call: March 2nd at 8:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/microsoftgraphcall
- SharePoint monthly call: March 9th at 08:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/sp-call
“Too many links, can’t remember” – not a problem… just one URL is enough for all Microsoft 365 community topics – http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 10th of February 2021
The post SharePoint monthly community call – February 9, 2021 appeared first on Microsoft 365 Developer Blog.