The Service Pack 2 of SQL Server 2016 has been released!
From the SQL Server Release Services, this service pack contains:
- Performance and scale improvements
- Supportability and diagnostics enhancements
- New improvements based on Connect feedback items
- Some improvements originally introduced in SQL Server 2014 SP2 and SQL Server 2012 SP4
- All the fixes up to SQL Server 2016 SP1 CU8
All the details are listed in this article.
You can download the SP2 of SQL Server 2016 here:
- SQL Server 2016 SP2
- SQL Server 2016 SP2 Express
- SQL Server 2016 SP2 Feature Pack
- SQL Server 2016 SP2 Release Information
The Service Pack 2 installation is recommended, but installing this service pack may require rebooting the instance!