Address: Austin, TX, United States See map
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
Job descriptionThe Diagnostic Platform is the heart of Apple’s device diagnostics ecosystem connecting a billion plus customer devices. We work early with every new Apple device and OS release to ensure diagnostic readiness at product launch. We are looking for a Senior Lead Engineer to reinvent this Platform using Cloud, ML, and Big Data technologies as we scale and enable many more critical use cases. If you are looking to innovate and make an impact at Apple’s scale join the Applied Machine Learning (AML) group.
The charter of the Diagnostic team is to enable an increasing number of use cases by building transformative capabilities in the Platform. We intend to build the next generation of this Platform while continuing to onboard new hardware and software products. The ideal candidate will rapidly develop a deep understanding of the ecosystem, bring their unique perspective to the problem space, collaborate with peers and partners to establish the vision for the next generation of this platform, make critical technology recommendations, and provide technical leadership. This is an opportunity to innovate, make decisions, and champion your ideas. If you are motivated to make a quantifiable difference in the world and have a passion for engineering robust systems, this is the job for you!
Skills & requirements
- Expert knowledge of Java.
- Extensive experience building secure, high throughput, and low latency applications.
- Expert knowledge of Apache Cassandra or similar.
- Deep understanding of TCP, WebSockets, and libraries like Netty.
- Exposure of Cloud Technologies like Kubernetes
- Possess excellent software architecture and design skills.
- Able to solve complex problems in creative and efficient ways
- Must be able to effectively collaborate with x-functional teams and communicate ideas
- Enthusiasm for quality, attention to detail, and overall customer experience. Desired, but not required.
- Experience building microservices using Spring framework or similar.
- Experience with Kafka, HDFS, and Spark would be a plus
B.S. in Computer Science or related field.