We’re still waiting on an announcement as to when we can expect HBO’s Succession to return for season 3, but plot details and casting announcements are starting to trickle in, starting with the addition of Alexander Skarsgård.
The outlet writes, “Ambushed by his rebellious son Kendall at the end of Season 2, Logan Roy begins Season 3 in a perilous position, the third-season logline reads. Scrambling to secure familial, political and financial alliances, tensions rise as a bitter corporate battle threatens to turn into a family civil war.”
We don’t know which side Skarsgård will take in this “civil war” (or if he’ll be a third side of opposition, given this family’s less-than-stellar history with tech companies), but it’s exciting just to hear that things are happening with this show, which has been off the air for far too long.
It has been 564 days since the last episode of Succession
— Kevin T. Porter (@KevinTPorter) April 30, 2021
We may not know much about Skarsgård’s character, but it’s hard to imagine a better casting fit for this show. He’s got the show’s super hot/super tall/super smarmy vibe down pat (as he has demonstrated in the many HBO series he’s previously starred in), a perfect match for the series featuring the absolute worst (but unendingly compelling) people on television.
Alexander Skarsgård has always been a Business Boy pic.twitter.com/LFFMwJdq2s
— Carrie Wittmer 👻 (@carriesnotscary) May 3, 2021
how many hollywood talls are they going to cast on succession
— rachel syme (@rachsyme) May 3, 2021
succession season 3 pic.twitter.com/amIcxQt0oQ
— jihane (@jihanebousfiha_) May 3, 2021
alexander skarsgard kiss kendall roy
— rachel leishman (@RachelLeishman) May 3, 2021
- In other HBO news, Tig Notaro’s next comedy special will air on the network this summer. It will also be fully animated, which sounds very cool! (via AV Club)
- “How two young math geeks solved the mystery of Mexico City’s covid-19 dead.” (via The Washington Post)
- Listening to this on repeat:
I don’t wanna be touched. pic.twitter.com/yD5Wf80o82
— Meredith Bull (@meredithbull) May 2, 2021
Your final guests of Season 46! pic.twitter.com/f5Mu3urQSO
— Saturday Night Live – SNL (@nbcsnl) May 3, 2021
- Suzanne Romero has spent the last few years finishing her late husband George A. Romero’s final zombie movie, Twilight of the Dead. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Bill and Melinda Gates are ending their marriage after 27 years. (via CNN)
- Ahead of tomorrow’s Star Wars Day celebrations (more on that here), a look at what a massive crossover juggernaut Disney has become. (via The Ringer)
- And finally, a look at the wonder that is SNL’s Bowen Yang. (via HuffPost)
What did you all see out there today?
(image: Che Rosales/Getty Images)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—The post Things We Saw Today: Alexander Skarsgård Joins the Already Excessively Hot & Tall Cast of Succession for Season 3 first appeared on The Mary Sue.