Riot Games recently released the patch notes for the latest Update 2.08, and here’s everything you need to know about the Episode 2 Act 3 update.
Valorant is one of the most popular competitive games you could play right now. The game features different agents and unique maps. And the developers constantly release updates to include new content in the game while also improving the game’s performance.
Recently, the entire Valorant community is talking about Patch 2.08, which will kick start the much-awaited Episode 2 Act 3. Interestingly, Riot already started rolling out the update in some regions.
- More Valorant: Valorant New Season & Battle Pass Release Time – Episode 2 Act 3 Start Confirmed
Valorant Update 2.08 Patch Notes
By now, Valorant players already know that Episode 2 Act 3 will introduce the new ‘Breeze’ map in the game. Well, according to Patch 2.08 notes, the new map will only be available for Deathmatch, Spike Rush, and Escalation, as well as custom games. Players have to wait for two entire weeks to get the Breeze map in Unrated and Ranked.
Other than that, the new update will introduce a bunch of bug fixes, quality of life changes, HRTF update, new battle pass, and more. You can read the full patch 2.08 notes below.
Introducing the newest map, Breeze, to the VALORANT map pool. Breeze is set on a remote island distinguished by its bright, playful, and colorful environment, with wide-open spaces and opportunities for long-range encounters.
- The breeze map will launch alongside a Breeze-only Unrated queue that will remain active for two weeks( More details below).
- Added a Breeze-only Unrated queue for those who want to grind our new map
- Breeze will also be available in the standard queues for Deathmatch, Spike Rush, and Escalation as well as Custom Games.
- This queue will only be active for two weeks. During this two-week period, Breeze will not be available in the standard Unrated or Competitive queues. Following this period, the Breeze-only queue will be disabled and Breeze will then become available in the existing Unrated and Competitive queues.
- Reminder! This is the last Act to work for your Episode 2 Rank Reward, awarded after the end of Act III
Game System Updates
- Coach slots have been added to Tournament Mode Custom Games.
- We’re very excited to introduce Coach slots to Tournament Mode games! This is only the beginning of our work on Coaches, and while functionality will be limited to the start, we have plans to expand the capabilities available to coaches during a match. We look forward to evolving the role of coaches and working on this feature in partnership with coaches from the VCT ecosystem.
- Coach slots Current Functionality:
- Coaches can spectate Tournament Mode games and are locked to observing the team chosen in the custom game lobby.
- Coaches cannot use Map Pings, Team Chat, or Voice Chat in-game.
- Coaches can use All Chat and Party Chat to allow for cases where they may need to communicate with a Tournament Moderator.
- Coaches can pause a match in cases where that functionality is allowed to players.
- Fixed Killjoy’s Turret and Alarmbot icons disappearing when disabled
- Fixed Astra and Brimstone’s smokes from blocking flashes even when you are not fully inside them
- Fixed Viper’s Toxic Screen going longer than intended when it passed through the teleporter on Bind
- Fixed Viper’s Poison Cloud pickup distance being 200 instead of the intended 400
- Improved performance of Astra’s Nebula VFX on low settings
Other than what we’ve mentioned above, the new update 2.08 introduced some mode changes and social updates. If you want more details on the update, it’s best to read the full Valorant patch 2.08 notes here.
The post Valorant Update 2.08 Patch Notes – Breeze Map, Bug Fixes, Coach Slots by Shivam Gulati appeared first on DualShockers.