Vivo has launched its latest ‘S’ series that includes Vivo S9 and Vivo S9e. The new smartphones by the company are only available in China right now. Vivo S9 will go on sale by March 12 in Midnight Blue, Gradient Blue, and White colours variants. On the other hand, Vivo S9e will be available for users in Diamond Crystal, Aurora Blue, and Obsidian Black shade options on 27 March.
Vivo S9 and S9e Specifications
- Display: Both the smartphones will feature a full HD+ AMOLED display with a 6.44-inch screen and offers a 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution. The panel supports HDR10+ in an 85.5% screen-to-body ratio.
- Processor: The Vivo S9 5G is fueled by a MediaTek MT6891Z Dimensity 1100 5G (6 nm) chipset along with an Octa-core CPU and Mali-G77 MC9 GPU. As mentioned, it powers Android 11 with its OriginOS 1.0 skin.
Whereas, with a difference to S9, Vivo S9e employs an octa-core MediaTek MT6891Z Dimensity 820 5G with a 6nm node.
- Storage: Vivo S9 comes in two storage variants i.e; 12 GB and 256 GB which are paired with 8 GB RAM and 12 GB RAM respectively. While Vivo S9e offers 128 GB + 8 GB RAM or 256 GB + 8 GB RAM options for memory.
- Camera: For Vivo S9, the front lens is housed by a small notch consisting of 44 MP wide + 8 MP ultrawide sensors. The rear carries a triple camera module with a 64 MP wide + 8 MP ultrawide and 2 MP macro lens.
Vivo S9e consists similar rear camera but the selfie camera is downed to a single 32 MP wide lens.
- Connectivity: Both smartphones support dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, and a USB Type-C/ On-The-Go port. Additionally, they both have an on-screen fingerprint sensor.
- Battery: Vivo S9 series packs a 4000 mAh non-removable battery which is backed up by 33W fast charging.
- Price: For 256 GB + 12 GB RAM, Vivo S9 is priced at 2999 yuan i.e; INR Rs 33,787 for the Indian market. Whereas, the starting range of Vivo S9e is 2399 yuan/ Rs 27,025.