Every January, the internet is flooded with articles about resolutions and detoxes. Then there are the follow-up articles about how the majority of us won’t keep those commitments for the next 365 days—which got us talking. What if instead of year-long goals about how to change who you are for the better, we focus on step-by-step actions you can take to change the situation you’re in for the better? Cue Making Moves Week.
Over the next few days, we’re going to publish articles on career pivots, transitions, and power moves. Whether you’re dreaming of making an industry change or trying to figure out a way to (finally) ask for that promotion, Making Moves Week is for you.
Because a career pivot isn’t about changing who you are, it’s about changing where you are. And that shouldn’t take a year.
Making Moves Week*
*Don’t forget to bookmark this page so you can follow along all week long (and come back to it long after.)
Plus Some Other Career Pivot Reads
- 4 Signs You’ve Hit a Career Plateau—And How to Get Unstuck
- You Don’t Have to Feel Guilty About Quitting Your Job
- 5 Women on How They Changed Industries to Land $10,000+ Raises
- The Pros of Making a Mid-Life Career Change (No Crisis Necessary)
- 10 Tech Job Titles for Industry Changers Who Don’t Want to Start All Over
- Why You Don’t Need to Meet All the Job Listing Requirements
- The 25+ Best Sites for Finding Remote Work
- The Best Creative Resume Templates of 2019
- A Step-by-Step Plan for Asking for a Promotion