To stay competitive in today’s business environment, organizations need to attract and retain top talent. World-class talent helps drive innovation, optimize productivity, and deliver an outstanding customer experience. HR Process Automation frees up employees from paperwork so they can focus on what matters – talent management!
A seamless hiring process and employee experience is the key to acquiring and retaining the best talents. As such, HR is crucial in transforming your workforce to meet today’s market demands.
However, employee expectations are evolving rapidly. Business process complexity is increasing fast. As a result, HR departments are facing tremendous pressure to increase productivity while controlling cost.
Top HR Challenges In the 21st Century
You must improve the cost-efficiency of your HR processes. First, let’s understand the major HR challenges faced by businesses of any size:
- Cumbersome interviewing process impacts the candidate experience and your organization’s ability to attract top talents.
- Inefficient employee onboarding process lowers employee engagement while increasing the time employees need to become fully productive.
- Time-consuming and error-prone paperwork (e.g., time-off requests, expense reimbursement, payroll forms, tax form, etc.) creates a frustrating employee experience while increasing operating costs.
- Communication gaps between employees, HR, and various departments (e.g., finance, IT) introduce friction. That slows down an onboarding process and causes unnecessary delays.
- Rising costs associated with the need to process more employee information, stay compliant with regulations, and ensure data security are causing budget issues.
- Manual processes are labor-intensive, time-consuming, tedious, and error-prone. They involve tasks such as
- filling out lengthy forms,
- re-keying data into different systems,
- using email for form approval,
- getting signatures from various stakeholders, an
- ensuring adherence to business rules .
- Data security concerns have risen to the forefront. HR handles a lot of sensitive employee information and manual processes are vulnerable to breaches.
- It’s harder to stay compliant with fast-changing local, state, and federal regulations. Non-compliances risks audits, lawsuits, and other legal complications, especially when there are multiple steps, stakeholders, and departments involved in manual processes.
- Too often, organizations conduct employee off-boarding manually and don’t standardize the process. It’s already an awkward situations. It’s easy to overlook key steps (e.g., proper documentation, returning equipment, termination of access, settlement of benefits, etc.) Some of these oversights could lead to security and compliance issues.
HR touches every employee and is at the heart of maintaining a high-quality workforce. HR processes affect the employee experience and productivity of everyone in the company.
As such it’s essential that all HR workflows are as cost-efficient as possible. How can you solve all these challenges without adding cost?
HR Process Automation Is the Key
The good news is that business process automation (BPA) technology can alleviate most of these issues since it streamlines workflows and reduces manual tasks.
Here’s are 10 ways BPA can solve many of today’s HR challenges:
- Facilitate the interview workflow to capture high-quality talents. Deliver a seamless candidate experience so you can find the right employees quickly and reduce hiring cost.
- Improve the employee onboarding process e.g., make sure all forms are filled out. Set up new hires so that they become productive as quickly as possible. Automation also reduces delays and errors by eliminating the need to manually transfer hand-written information into various systems.
- Minimize paperwork associated with the many approval processes (e.g., time-off requests, reimbursement). This can reduce frustration and improve the employee experience.
- Eliminate bottlenecks and improve communication among employees, HR, and various departments. This helps streamline internal processes so employees can focus on their jobs.
- Integrate various workflows and systems across departments. This ensures that employee information is up-to-date in real-time and minimizes errors.
- Improve data security by syncing up all information digitally in a secure environment. Minimize security issues associated with paperwork and manually re-keying information from one system to another.
- Verify that all processes follow and enforce business norms without the need to manually review each step and document.
- Analyze data to improve employee satisfaction, retention, engagement, and utilization, with the ability to implement the insights quickly.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations in HR processes. Avoid potential audits, lawsuits, and legal complications, which can be highly costly and impact the company’s reputation.
- Standardize the off-boarding workflow. Avoid security and compliance issues. Ensure that the process does not skip steps or required documentation.
How to Implement HR Process Automation In Your Business
Business process automation can help HR departments reduce costs while improving employee experience and increasing productivity.
You can greatly improve cost-efficiency simply by automating just a few manual and repetitive tasks. Today’s cloud-based, low-code platforms, allow business users to quickly automate workflows without any programming skills. so you can streamline procedures and increase productivity right away.
Process automation is an iterative process and an integral part of any digital transformation strategy even if you’re a small business. Start small (but start now!) and find out how best to adapt the technology to your organization’s systems and processes. You can then make adjustments and apply the learning to complex workflows to further improve operational efficiency and reduce cost.
The post Why HR Process Automation is Crucial to Modern Business Success appeared first on The HR Gazette.