English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800207561 | 227 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 51 MB
Become an efficient command-line expert by harnessing the power of the new Microsoft Windows Terminal, and learn time-saving tricks for PowerShell, WSL2, and more
Customize and optimize your Windows Terminal and its shells
Work effectively on the command line with split panes, hotkeys, and automation
Use PowerShell and WSL2 efficiently to build, test, and deploy applications
Windows Terminal is a new and open-source command-line application for Windows 10, built for the Command Prompt, PowerShell, Windows Subsystem for Linux, and more. It’s fast, modern, and configurable thanks to its GPU-accelerated rendering, excellent UTF-8 support, and JSON-based configurability, and this book can help you learn how to leverage these features.
By the end of this book, you’ll not only be well-versed with Windows Terminal, but also have learned how to effectively use shells like PowerShell Core and ZSH to become proficient at the command line.
What you will learn
- Install, update, and use Windows Terminal and its preview version
- Customize your Windows Terminal to be both visually appealing and functional
- Enable and effectively use the latest versions of PowerShell Core and Windows Subsystem for Linux
- Install and configure time-saving tools for the command line
- Work efficiently with common developer tools such as Git and SSH
- Build, deploy, and manage apps in the cloud using Windows Terminal
- Use Linux tools from Windows with ease